Monday, January 17, 2011

Wednesday 1.12.2011


This afternoon I ventured to Griffith Park’s driving range. After about ten or so shots my game was suddenly back. It felt great to get out and hit again. I definitely plan to take advantage of the wonderful weather and get back in the golf groove.  I also had tickets for a taping of the Lake Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I arrived to the studio lot where CBS films their other shows (Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, Price is Right, etc). A taping of the Price is Right just let out and I was amazed—their fans are absolutely crazy. There was a flood of people still wearing their nametags and with special shirts they had made for the show. A lot of people lingered and whenever someone came out that had won a prize, they would cheer. (People are nuts!) I had a priority ticket so was fourth in line. We had to pass through security then wait in line. (lots of waiting….it’s truly an exhausting experience) Then they had a warm-up comedian come tell us when to laugh (and even if we thought the joke wasn’t funny, to do a fake laugh). He continued with bad jokes trying to get us revved up. Craig finally came out to do his monologue which was hysterical. His first guest was David Duchovny, the main actor on my favorite show, Showtime’s Californication.  He was my main reason for attending the taping. He was very charming and entertaining. The second guest was Jo Frost who plays Supernanny. She was surprisingly very funny as well.









I got back from the taping and needed to chill for a little while; however, I felt like venturing out. I hadn’t been to see live music yet and hoped to find a show. A fellow Foo friend in San Diego had posted that the Foo Fighters rhythm guitarist (Chris Shiflett) was playing at a small bar in Fullerton (by Anaheim).  He was doing an acoustic show called Rockers in the Round with guitarists from other bands collaborating. I headed down which was only a 25 minute drive – not bad.  I met four other Foo friends. I continue to be amazed at how friendly and welcoming other Foo fans are—I made some good friends to go to future shows with.  I don’t know of any other band that has the camaraderie or network of fans that Foo has, but some of my best friends continue to be other fans which has been wonderful. The show was really neat and intimate. When I got there, two other fans introduced me to Chris. This was so different from seeing Foo at a huge arena environment. Where, other than a small bar like this, would I be introduced to the guitarist for my favorite band on a first-name basis?!  I started to get tired so cut out a little early. I was tempted into getting my first In’n’Out order in years to enjoy on my drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment