Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday 1.16.2011 / Monday 1.17.2011

Yesterday I went to go run in Griffith Park (the largest municipal park in the U.S.--this is the mountain that the Hollywood sign is on and contains wonderful views). It is also the site of four golf courses, the L.A. Zoo, and horseback riding. I was surprised to find that they still have cages and enclosures from the old zoo that you can wander in to. I ran several beautiful trails up in the hills.  In the afternoon, I went to Silver Lake Coffee to finish some writing for an online class and got dinner from Gingergrass. I got the papaya salad with chicken which has become one of my favorite dishes so far. Last night I settled in to watch the Golden Globes. I was thrilled that Colin Firth won best actor, but was disappointed in the Social Network getting Best Picture. I watched it last night and although it's a good movie, I don't think that all around it is nearly as good as King's Speech or 127 Hours and think they deserved recognition. It will be fun to see how they fare at the Academy Awards (which I think are far more respected anyway).


Today I ran some errands (got much softer sheets!) as well as hitting the Griffith Park driving range. After ten or so shots to get warmed up, my game seems to be pretty much back. In fact, most shots seem to be going farther than ever.  I also went for a long run down Ventura Boulevard (my neighborhood area) to explore the surrounding area. Tonight I've been doing some chores and preparing to start the internship in the morning. I'm excited to meet everyone there and see exactly what I'll be doing. It's been a long time coming, and I'm glad that it's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment