Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Foo

Today the first single from the Foo Fighters' new album Wasted Light (rel. date April 12) was released. I like it quite a bit. The new album has generated a lot of buzz. They recorded it in Dave's garage not digitally using ProTools (as is the standard these days), but they went old school and recorded it directly on tape. They used producer Butch Vig who recorded Nirvana's Nevermind. In recent years the Foo Fighters have experimented with their softer side, releasing an acoustic album, but the new material is definitely a return to their rock roots which I'm excited about.






Rope by Foo Fighters



The new album art was released today as well which I honestly have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of (Gasp!)  For album and t-shirt art I've never been a huge fan of the band using photographs of themselves. If you picture some of the most classic album covers, none of them feature band photos. Not that I get any say in the matter....just my own personal rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment