Monday, March 7, 2011

Infected Mushroom 2.26.11

The luck continued when I won tickets to see Infected Mushroom in Anaheim. I saw them perform last November in December (a friend of mine was writing a review for the show and invited me to go). This time I interviewed a friend of mine from Lexington who now lives in Newport. All day it poured rain so I left early in case traffic was rough.

The opening group, Gunslinger, was quite good. They're local, but their next show, ironically, is in Broomfield, Colorado. They are categorized as "alternative-dance" and have both elements of a band (guitarist and drummer) along with electronic effects. I rarely go out of my way to go see an opening band again, but I'm very interested in going to their next show!

Infected Mushroom is originally from Israel and known as psy-trance. They also are a combination of live music with electronic elements. (During the first video the song really kicks in around the 3:20 mark)




Ironically enough they covered a Foo Fighters song.










No comments:

Post a Comment